top of page

Uncontested Divorce

01. Family Law

Uncontested Divorce

The Nunley Law Group

Not every divorce proceeding is contentious. When two people decide that they no longer want to be married to each other and can agree on how to divide their assets (and what to do with the children if the parties are also parents), the process of getting divorced can be relatively painless.


There are a few things that you will need to file with the court to get the divorce process started and to ultimately get the court to grant your divorce. One party will need to file a Complaint for Divorce with the County Circuit Court. This document gets the case started. For a divorce without

minor children, the soonest that you could be granted a divorce is 60 days from the date that the Complaint is filed. For a divorce with minor children, the law says that a divorce cannot be granted until at least 6 months have passed, unless "good cause" can be shown for why the statutory waiting period should be waived. 

In most uncontested divorce cases, the case can be wrapped up relatively quickly. Once the parties agree on the division of assets, debts, and custody/parenting time of the children (if any), then an attorney can take the agreement and turn it into a judgement of divorce that can be presented to the court for the judge's signature. 

We offer flat fees for most uncontested divorces. Call us today or click the link below to schedule a free consultation. 

Uncontested Divorce

Not every divorce has to be a battle. The more issues you and your soon-to-be ex can figure out together, the easy the process will be. We offer affordable flat fee representation for uncontested divorces. Click the link to learn more.

Contested Divorce

Let our well respected divorce lawyers help you get the results you deserve. Marriage isn't always fair, but your divorce should be. Click the link below to find out more about what to expect during a divorce proceeding. 

Custody Modifications

Changing custody of a child is no easy task. You need an experienced family law attorney on your side to help you achieve your goals for you and your children. Click the link below to learn more. 

Parenting Time

Parenting time arraignments sometimes require modification. If both parents cannot agree on a modification the process for modifying parenting time can be tedious. Let our experience parenting time attorneys help you through the process. 

Post-Judgment Issues

Often times in family law cases there ends up being post-judgment problems that arise. When Parties fail to comply with a judgment, often times people end up right back in court trying to clarify a judgment, or, to seek enforcement of a judgement. We specialize in post-judgment relief and can help you enforce a judgment when your ex refuses to comply. 

Child Support

The Michigan Child Support Formula provides for a relatively straight forward, yet often times complicated, method to calculate how much money a parent should pay to the other parent for the support of the minor children. There is a lot of misinformation in this area of family law. Our child support attorneys are here to help you get the information you need to either pay or receive an accurate amount of child support. 

Spousal Support

Spousal support is one of the most complicated issues in a divorce. The court looks to many different factors to determine if an award of spousal support is appropriate, and if so, to calculate an appropriate amount. Our divorce attorneys can help you to achieve the best result possible. Click the link below to learn more about spousal support. 

Changing Schools

One issue that comes up often when a child's parents separate is the issue of where the children will attend school. Deciding where to send your children to attend school is rarely as easy as looking to which district has the better schools. Click the link below to learn more.

The Nunley Law Group, PLLC

Hundreds of cases won!

Ask us a question.

We offer free consultations and are happy to answer any questions that you may have. Schedule a consultation by calling our office or by clicking the button below. Please provide us with the date and time which works best for you along with two alternate dates/times and we will respond to you ASAP! We are here to help. 

bottom of page