top of page

Post-Judgment Relief.

01. Family Law

Post-Judgment Relief.

Signing a Contract

So you made it through your divorce and you are ready to move forward with your life. You have a nice new Judgment of Divorce that lays out a detailed map of parenting time, custody, and property division. But, what do you do if your ex isn't complying with the terms spelled out in your Judgment of Divorce? Unfortunately, more often than not your only option for enforcement is to file a Motion and get the issue in front of the judge. 

Getting your ex to comply with the terms and conditions in your Judgment of Divorce isn't always an easy thing to do, and post-judgment motions are extremely common in family law cases. That's the bad news. The good news is that you 

have several good option when it comes to getting a court to order compliance with the terms of a judgment.


Many people are hesitant to bring post judgment motions for the simple fact that they do not want to spend more money on legal fees. However, a good Judgment of Divorce will contain language that shifts the costs for post-judgment motions to obtain compliance with the terms of a judgment to the non-complying party. In other words, if your ex isn't doing something that the Judgment of Divorce says that he/she must do, you can often times get the Court to award you attorney fees and costs. Even if your judgment does not contain the fee shifting language, a court will often times award attorney fees to a person who is forced to file a motion to get somebody to comply with a court order. 

Our office handles post-judgment motions almost on a weekly basis. Sometimes the issues are small, sometimes they are ongoing and become complex issues that are not easily resolved. If your are having trouble getting your ex to comply with your Judgment of Divorce, give us a call. We would be happy to sit down with you and explain to you what your options are moving forward. 

Uncontested Divorce

Not every divorce has to be a battle. The more issues you and your soon-to-be ex can figure out together, the easy the process will be. We offer affordable flat fee representation for uncontested divorces. Click the link to learn more.

Contested Divorce

Let our well respected divorce lawyers help you get the results you deserve. Marriage isn't always fair, but your divorce should be. Click the link below to find out more about what to expect during a divorce proceeding. 

Custody Modifications

Changing custody of a child is no easy task. You need an experienced family law attorney on your side to help you achieve your goals for you and your children. Click the link below to learn more. 

Parenting Time

Parenting time arraignments sometimes require modification. If both parents cannot agree on a modification the process for modifying parenting time can be tedious. Let our experience parenting time attorneys help you through the process. 

Post-Judgment Issues

Often times in family law cases there ends up being post-judgment problems that arise. When Parties fail to comply with a judgment, often times people end up right back in court trying to clarify a judgment, or, to seek enforcement of a judgement. We specialize in post-judgment relief and can help you enforce a judgment when your ex refuses to comply. 

Child Support

The Michigan Child Support Formula provides for a relatively straight forward, yet often times complicated, method to calculate how much money a parent should pay to the other parent for the support of the minor children. There is a lot of misinformation in this area of family law. Our child support attorneys are here to help you get the information you need to either pay or receive an accurate amount of child support. 

Spousal Support

Spousal support is one of the most complicated issues in a divorce. The court looks to many different factors to determine if an award of spousal support is appropriate, and if so, to calculate an appropriate amount. Our divorce attorneys can help you to achieve the best result possible. Click the link below to learn more about spousal support. 

Changing Schools

One issue that comes up often when a child's parents separate is the issue of where the children will attend school. Deciding where to send your children to attend school is rarely as easy as looking to which district has the better schools. Click the link below to learn more.

bottom of page